Our specialty pharmacy currently provides care for complex health issues including Hepatitis C, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Psoriasis, and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
• are used in the management of specific chronic or genetic conditions
• are often injectable or infused medicines, but may also include oral medicines
• require additional education of the member and close monitoring of their clinical response in collaboration with their doctor
• may require memberspecific dosing, medical devices to administer the medicine, and/or special handling and delivery
• require extensive member education for safe and costeffective use
At the end of October 2010 Cheek and Scott Drugs received accreditation by the Community Specialty Pharmacy Network (CSPN) as a Specialty Pharmacy . Only those pharmacies who meet the staffing, medications, and medical equipment availability requirements receive this accreditation.
“We are honored to be the only pharmacy within 110 miles to have received this accreditation. We look forward to serving patients in the North Florida area who need the services of a speciality pharmacy.” Jeff Scott, President of Cheek and Scott Drugs.
In October 2014, Dr. Joey Chamberlain joined the Cheek and Scott Family to undertake the development and implementation of the Specialty Pharmacy. He is a member of the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy and has completed numerous educational seminars focused on specialty practice provided by the Specialty Pharma Education Center (SPEC). This includes the completion of the SPEC Comprehensive Educational Series for Hepatitis C and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
“I am so grateful to work in a place that is focused on helping others, with God at the center. What I love about Specialty Pharmacy is the closeness you feel with each patient and the opportunity to make a huge impact in their health. It is an enormous responsibility but very rewarding.” Joey Chamberlain, Specialty Pharmacy Clinical Director
Additionally, Cheek and Scott is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC).